Road 8 cor. Road 2, Project 6, Quezon City, Philippines
The story of the parish started under the shade of a sampaloc tree in 1955, where priests from the Sta. Rita Parish celebrated mass for the community in Project 6, Quezon City (the tree still stands today on what is now the ground of the Project 6 Elementary School). In 1957, Rev. Fr. Pedro Bantigue was appointed as interim parish priest, who spearheaded the formation of several parish organizations and organized a committee to oversee the construction of the church, headed by Juan Ayalde.
Negotiations were also initiated for the purchase of a site, while Jose Zaragosa, the official Diocesan architect, and designer of the Sto. Domingo Church was asked to draw up the plan for the proposed church. On June 28, 1958, Most Rev. Rufino Cardinal Santos, Archbishop of Manila, entered into a deed of sale for the purchase of a lot along Road 8. Construction of the church went full swing in the same year, supervised by Arch. Reynaldo Mababangloob.
A time capsule containing important documents was lowered at the site to mark the event, in special rites led by Msgr. Jose Jovellanos. On August 3, 1961, Cardinal Santos officially decreed the establishment of the parish, and that it would be named after its patroness, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Shortly thereafter, Rev. Fr. Julito Tungol was appointed as its first parish priest. On July 16, 1982, the church was dedicated and consecrated by Most Rev. Jaime Cardinal Sin to mark the complete renovation of the church and convent. Currently, in its 60th year of establishment, the parish continues to provide for the spiritual needs of the community it serves, in God’s grace and mercy.