Rector and Parish Priest
Santo Niño St. Bago Bantay, Quezon City
0945 977 7464 /
0921 507 4812
Before the canonical erection in 1967, Bago Bantay was under the jurisdiction of the San Pedro Bautista Parish in San Francisco del Monte. In 1957, it was transferred to the Sta. Rita Parish at PhilAmlife Village and in 1961, to the Christ the King Parish in Project 7. In 1962, the Mother of Perpetual Help chapel of Bago Bantay was renamed after the Santo Niño.
On May 3, 1967, Msgr. Miguel P. Nuguid was appointed parish priest. Upon his arrival, he made an appeal to build a new church. In the 1970’s, the plan surfaced for construction of a permanent church. The Sto. Niño Church became the seat of the newly created vicariate made up of seven parishes. This was an important historical event in the life of the parish.
On March 26, 1978, the devotees of the Sto. Niño witnessed the laying and blessing of the cornerstone of the permanent church where the Silver Sto. Niño would be enshrined. On January 14, 1983, the church was consecrated and dedicated to the Holy Infant Jesus.
On 05 March 2018, the 20th Quezon City Council passed on its 3rd reading the ordinance renaming a portion of Bukidnon Street in Bago Bantay into Sto. Niño Street, in recognition of the contributions of the parish to the community, as well as to enable accurate identification of the church’s location.