- Our Faith
- News and Events
- Contact Us
The initiative to establish a parish on Retiro Street began in 1941, with the request of the Capuchins in the Philippines to the Rev Michael O'Doherty, Archbishop of Manila. On March 28, 1942, a decree was issued establishing the Sta. Teresita del Niño Jesus Parish, the original name of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. Construction of the church, however, was delayed because of wordl War II.
Enshrined within the temporary church was the image of Our Lady of Lourdes. To keep the image safe during the war, it was moved from place to place, until it rested for a long time in the chapel of Sta. Teresita on Mayon Street. On February 10, 1951, the image was brought back to the Sta. Teresita Parish on Retiro.
In 1997, on the forty-fifth foundation anniversary, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish was declared a national shrine, with the approval of the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines. It has its own parochial school offering education from pre-school to high school.
PRESENT: Rev. Fr. Cesar F. Acuin, OFMCap
Former Parish Priests
Monday to Friday
– 5:30 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 6:00 PM
– 5:30 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 12:00 NN, 6:00 PM
– 5:00 AM, 6:00 AM, 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 NN
– 3:30 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM
–Monday to Saturday
– Holy Spirit – Monday
– Divine Mercy – Tuesday
– Our Lady of Perpetual Help – Wednesday
– Padre Pio – Thursday (and every 23rd of the month)
– Holy Hour – Friday
– Our Lady of Lourdes – Saturday
– Healing Mass – Every Saturday (all masses)
– Before and during Mass and whenever needed.
Kanlaon Street corner N.S. Amoranto Avenue, Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 731-9306
Fax: (02) 742-1253
Titular: Our Lady of Lourdes
Date Established: March 21, 1942
Feast Day: February 11